Tuesday, April 08, 2014

the thing about cake...

the thing about cake is that it is definitely something
I love to love to have
and will seek to have cake for numerous of reasons-
or no reasons at all.
Well, today would be a reason to have cake-
celebrating the birth of my daddy (April 8)
and he would have been 70 years old today.
I know he had a thing for chocolate
(or maybe had that thing cause I used to want chocolate- some things never change)
and I remember just daddy.
He was the epitome of man for me
(no there are no daddy issues here, thanks)
but what I was explaining this weekend was that
witnessing the love between my mom and dad
(and the arguments, and the care, and the struggle, and the fun times, and the laughter, and the togetherness, and the love, and the love, and the love)
makes me think:

WOW. This happened.
Love happened.
Love is real.
Love is possible.
Love is work.
Love is authentic.
Love is consistent.
Love is constant.
Love is amazing.
Love is just...
Love is something that I want.

So yeah, with that held firmly in my heart, I kind of know what love is (and then the experiences I have experienced) that were nearly love- more like eh-this-is-something kind of way.
And I have faith...in love.

Thanks Dad, Happy Birthday. R.I.P

No comments: