Sunday, April 20, 2014

Day 18- 30 for 30 [National Poetry Month]

April 20. 1:19 am




Mommy
Why do you cry?
Why are there tears?
What does that mean?
Do you have fears?

Mommy...
Don't be sad.
Did I do something wrong?
What can I do to help you?
Maybe I can sing you a song?

I have all these questions
in my 3 Year old mind
Some of the words
I simply can't find

Maybe I was bad
Maybe it was dad
Maybe I should not have asked
For another story or another chance

Maybe you don't love me
As much as you say you do
Maybe I should have ate or eaten my vegetables

Mommy why do you cry?
Maybe I can help
I promise to put away my toys
Just don't bring out that belt

Mommy I am scared
Because I don't recognize your face
I know I hear you and daddy yelling
And then I heard a crash of that blue vase

Mommy can you hear me
Please wake up
You've been sleep for awhile
After you took all them pills from that cup

Mommy it's not fair
Mommy what did you do?
Mommy why did you leave me?
Mommy I still love you.

No comments: