Thursday, April 03, 2014

Day 3~ 30 for 30 (National Poetry Month)

[standing in the sun while it's dark inside]

I wish you stood in the sun with me
I wish you could hold my hand
I wish you could talk to me in the light
Not just the stolen minutes at night

I wish the truth was real
I wish this rain could heal
I wish you knew how I feel
Not just the lies we tell to just deal

I wish you could acknowledge this
I wish you could feel us
I wish I could feel you
Not just my imagined pieces will do

I wish I could change the start
I wish you didn’t steal away my heart
I wish I didn’t fall apart
Damn, and here I thought I was so smart
 
I wish I was not your secret
I wish I was your visible honor
I wish you choose me
Not just the surreptitious shame we happen to be
Oh
How I just wish you stood in the sun with me

No comments: