Monday, April 07, 2014

challenges...accepted

So
I am sore today from the challenges of yesterday, and that is a very good thing.
Last week, the conversation with Beks went something like this:
B: Let's hang out
Me: Ok what we wanna do?
B: I dunno brunch/ drinks?
Me: Always good, how about a walk?
B: Ohh nice, maybe the park?
Me: Ohhh how about a hike?
B:Sounds good lets check on a nature hike
(Later) how about ziplining?
Me: Uhhh sure..
#yolo + #insurance = why not..wait...what's the weight limit?
(a few hours drive & a safety harness & explanation ropes course)
B: totally didn't read the fine print
Me: and here I was just coming out for the mimosas
...suffice it to say fun times and crazy business!


The thing about this experience is that the challenge to complete it (and what I can stand/ what I wont do/ what I think my limitations are) are always with us. I mean I am not the greatest fan of heights (or really falling from them) and I am not a fan of having to exude super super balance and cognitive thinking skills while defying death.. but i mean it was fun.
Something I remembered from a previous ropes course is that
#1- If I stop shaking (regain my balance) then yes, the apparatus will regain its balance as well
#2- Trust yourself that I. Can. Do. This
#3- It is OK to be scared, just keep going
#4- Remember to breathe.
 
 




feeling like a rock star (haha)







 
Morale of the story:
"Don't limit your challenges..Challenge your limits"

No comments: