Friday, April 25, 2014

Day 25- 30 for 30 [National Poetry Month]

"wishing on dandelions in the winter"

I wish
You could see the love
You have right in front of you
The person who is
Sacrificing and struggling
Right alongside you
The person who truly wants the best for you
And wants to be the best for you

I wish
You could see
That alone in the loneliness
You do not have to be
You have someone whom you claim to love
You have a partner
Sent from above
You have two open eyes
But a closed heart
Holding on to being
Who you think you are versus
Who y'all are capable to be
I wish
That when it is time
To criticize and think the worst
You look to the best
You look to the reason why you choose each other
And realize this is another test
You could see all loves possibility
And re-choose love all over again
Remember that this is your lover and your friend
I wish…I wish

No comments: