Sunday, April 13, 2014

Day 13- 30 for 30 {National Poetry Month}

{peace of a broken heart}
If I give you 
My heart in pieces
I have still given you my heart
And I ask you now to save me
It's the only way I know how to start

If I trust that you love me
Will I be the fool?
This is why I act very disinterested
Hell I maybe play it too cool

I guess you can say I'm afraid
Scared of what you will see in me
The truth is I'm not entirely sure
Of all that you claim to be

Living this 'protected' life is not really living at all
Half the time I spend my days
Wishing, looking, wondering, thinking
Is it OK if I really fall?

I mean I am definitely seeking an unmistakable sign
That sings, shouts, says
Yes take the risk, go 'head
You'll be mine

But
Apparently my life doesn't always work that way
And night by night
Day by day
I wonder (& of course I pray)
That if I give you my heart
Tho in pieces
Broken it will no longer stay.

No comments: