Thursday, April 24, 2014

Day 24- 30 for 30 (National Poetry Month)

Fear of Love's Possibility
 
Day 24

I'm scared
Of all the things
I said I would be
And I’m scared of all the things
I said I would do
But the one thing I am truly scared of
I am scared of falling in love with you

I know that may seem a little strange
Quite possibly I am deranged...
And I know I may seem
Like someone who don't care
I know that there are times
When I seem like “I'm not there”
Trust and believe
It is me who really dares
To truly let you in my heart
And see all my hopes and fears

I'm a woman of many varied talents
Just wait and maybe you'll see
But while I am here trying not to love you
I am not letting you see the 'vulnerable' me

Is the hope of more worth it?
Is my scared of the unknown
greater than my courage?
Is the risk of me appealing?
Can you stop my fear from reeling?
So I'm scared
That if I let you see the truth in my heart
This truth will set you free
Free and very gone and honestly possibly
Far from me.


No comments: