Friday, April 04, 2014

Day 4~ 30 for 30 [National Poetry Month]

What love is...

This I know
because your example
Of love
is severed into my memory
My memory of
who you are being
With me

Trusting that what you gave me would be returned by the universe you completely and utterly entrusted your universe of your love
to me

And while I tried everything in my power to love you
The way I wanted
to love you
i
failed to see
How you needed to be loved
by me.

I would apologize profusely
And try to not be me
In order to have just a piece (peace) more of you
And I would haunt your mind
intrude your thoughts
Just trying to prove
See... I can be loved too
By you...For me

But
Seeing as how i failed to acknowledge
Who I am
(This person who cannot stand to be loved, have love, give love, wants love)
Has learned
That
I can not love you
And be still me.

( Gone )

As I make love to various men
Trying to obtain a semblance of me
Thru sighs and sweaty thighs
I figure,
Hey they love me
just like I love me
Cold
Ruthless
Impersonal
Hurtful
Intimate

And I remember in the throes of night
With random man substituting sincerity

With me
You are being
My memory
Of love
Now...
This is what love is


Sent from my iPhone

No comments: