Thursday, October 06, 2011

Books-this that I know.


you should guess the title of this book!

For those that know me know that I abhor taking NYC taxi cabs. I am not a fan and I do not appreciate the way they drive (when I am driving in NYC) nor do I appreciate the way they drive when I am walking (anywhere in the NY Metro Area). Add to that  I don't like the fact that they won't go to the BX anytime unless I hail them from the airport after a lovely vacation and STILL they try to get me for extra money (one dude had the nerve to ask me for toll money for his trip back- I said take it out your tip). That is SO not cool and racist and discriminatory towards us who cannot live in the upper echelon of society (AKA Manhattan). Anywho, I do not like them-' cept for when I need one to take men the hell out of where I am to try to get home expediently.

Where was I leaving from in such a rush to actually be able to take one of these cheese yella demons outta there? Somewhere called bluestockings bookstore. Back story- long crazy hard day at work complete with evaluations of employees that literally drained my soul- needed drinks and food & we (Beks and I) met for some company we chatted drank a couple margaritas & had a few $1.00 tacos and she was social-working me with the questions of the day. We were also checking out a theory of hers and having good laughs - any who the topic of sex came up (of course) and lack thereof for some of us... Well to stave off any craziness we went to this  cute cupcake shoppe where there were a wonderful array of sweetness and treats. Trouble? They had no chance - Strawberry cupcake for she and Pumpkin one for me (yes that good)-- we determined I am a cupcake whore. Hopefully there is a support group for that (where they provide great coffee--- anywho)

We went to this "Spotlight: Empowerment through Art!" thing at the Bluestockings Bookstore. We slid into the back & proceeded to watch someone shimmy with cut out pictures of Presidents on they breast, Clinton on her _ _ _ _, and gold glitter being sprinkled above her. <--- can you see my face? thought so...

Soooooooo was not ready for that.

As we listened to folks errr artists say shit errr perform I glance over to read book titles (hey we in a bookstore!) while Beks decides to read a book -I think she was reading the female orgasm & you...maybe not...anywho where was I?? OH yeah-- the performance and discussion of the folks. Right. I distinctly remember hearing someone on stage saying "it was wet and I sat on him and remembered being a female..." mind gone again... thinking about how to google map my way home. Turns out I would need to take 3 trains and 1 bus. Yay for the unlimited metrocard. Suffice it to say good thing nature called Beks dying phone as we upped and bounced. OK I upped and bounced but I mean there is but so much I can take. Maybe I am not as 'open' to the arts as I think I am - eh who knows. not my cup of tea.

Which brings me back to the cab. I hoped in the cab and got to 86th street while enjoying the lovely views of night-time NYC and thought, wow. Bright lights, big city. One could get lost here. One could get lost...
Anywho I vowed to read more and maybe will have to pick up one of them books we checked out that night.
[ <3 the Adventures w/ Beks-- they would make a great story- fiction of course ;)]

1 comment:

beks said...

first: you are a terrible sneak picture taker suka! would it be too predictable for me to say, "i hate that picture of me, ugh" #feministfailmoment

I must say though....those titles shocked even me!!! I was nudging you like an eigth grader in sex education class...

thank was an incredible experience - lol and by incredible i mean wtf...i take full responsibility....:(