Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Travels

Rescue mission

That is what I feel I am constantly on in terms of the folks in my life. Some days I don't know if I should have endeavored to be a firefighter or some EMT type person cause the amount of search and rescue I do (not inclusive of my soul) makes me weary.

Maybe that is why I am here- to extend myself in a way that test the measure of myself or the weight of love I can give or receive. Maybe it is a little test I am constantly giving to myself - with no real reason or achievement at the end... and so I continue to socially pass myself to a higher class meanwhile never really realizing the lessons I should have learned in kindergarten.

Sad is this social promotion stuff.

Anywho...bro #3 had to step into fatherhood in the hugest of ways yesterday... raising kids today ain't what it used to be. I being the consistently good person that I am drove him to Philly (2x in a month is waaaayyyy to much PA for me)  to keep him out of jail (his car had a nail in the tire, no working windshield wipers, a tremendous rattling sound and he has an expired license- picture that on the NJ turnpike.) Dealing with family issues, bullying issues, parenting skills etc is a delicate task.  I successfully diffused a situation with his kids mother and we basically took the kids to NY. Yup. So now he has to enroll them in school ASAP and start court proceedings.  We shall see how this village comes together for his kids.
And I happen to procure a cheese steak for myself and bro #2 ...hope he knows he paying me back.

1 comment:

beks said...

This was a interesting post. It is a weird conundrum that many of the women in my circle discuss all the time...

I think that your experience is unique in the amount of folks around you that need help. But it is also common in the sense that folks like you who tend to be stable (mental, financial - not rich but stable :)) become the go to person for help...by everybody...all the time.

You are the chick who finished her work early and gets piled on with the work that other people haven't (or won't) finish....?

and dam if I don't feel guilty being one of those people now? :(

What chu gwoing do??????