Saturday, October 15, 2011

all about eve

I saw this movie this weekend in my "all about me" moment- basically I did nothing but sleep, eat and sleep some more this Saturday. I didn't set foot outside. I didn't set foot in a shower. I didn't even care. Felt good.
So, All about eve is just one of the wonderful movies of Bette Davis...
and filled with equally amusing quotes...

Margo Channing: Funny business, a woman's career - the things you drop on your way up the ladder so you can move faster. You forget you'll need them again when you get back to being a woman. That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted. And in the last analysis, nothing's any good unless you can look up just before dinner or turn around in bed, and there he is. Without that, you're not a woman. You're something with a French provincial office or a book full of clippings, but you're not a woman. Slow curtain, the end. <---hmmm let's think about that one in the modern day trappings of what I & alot of other folks my age are speaking about...


Margo Channing: Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy night!

Margo Channing: I detest cheap sentiment.

Bill Sampson: Outside of a bee hive Margo, your behavior would not be considered either Queenly or Motherly.
Margo Channing: You are in a beehive, pal. Didn't you know? We are all busy little bees, full of stings, making honey day and night. Aren't we honey?


there are so many more...but I'll leave you to ponder those...this movie= genius of its time.

No comments: