Monday, January 25, 2010

BFTP...

-->This is from April 12, 2006 & I find this utterly amusing...
apparently I am STILL trying to get my cumquat smashed...
**********************************************************************************

MY CUMQUAT
Current mood: busy
Category: Friends Made you look… but now you have to read. Everyone say it with me CUMQUAT! That just sounds funny... I mean I know I want to laugh while I sit here and type it, but basically it looks like a little cherry tomato/mini orange hybrid type of deal. Dunno what it tastes like (I was not gonna try it) & I think it is a fruit (I could be wrong) but what brings me to the Cumquat? You would think that living in a civilized world for approximately 30 years (give or take) one would have been exposed to various fruits/ vegetables and random oddities of this vast world well apparently, not and I and a few other folk who have never met the Cumquat. Last Friday night, well, when faced with such stresses that we have endured in HELL (more on that later) what do we (the lowly peons of HELL) do? We drink! To the cumquat!! (Well maybe not to the cumquat, but that is a reason to drink, not that we actually ever need a reason to drink) As we (my fearless co-workers & I) were all trudging to the bar (and we are a great group, lively conversationalist and great minds, I mean there is a dr. and a venture capitalist and a few married/engaged/ betrothed folk among us) & dreading the weekend to follow, cause yes, we had to work on the weekend; random thoughts occurred as we were following the cumquat (yes, I had rescued him and made him our mascot.) a question dawned on me why were we following the fruit? Then it hit me, we were following the fruit to a bar on the west side (and given our location, it was rather convenient, not just downright funny, but nonetheless following the fruit & the evening (I felt) was going downhill from there, soo what to do what to do well, drink, and wait for the free food! 3 drinks in, saying the word CUMQUAT makes everything even better. Apparently, someone wanted to smash my cumquat, others were throwing the cumquat around, many people just wanted to touch it I mean it is just awfully funny. The word alone makes it better than I can ever imagine! hmmm what was I typing about... oh yeah the moral of the story get yourself a cumquat, try not to get it smashed, and all will be well with the world!

No comments: