Tuesday, January 19, 2010

7:21 am

it is rather early for me to be engaged in the commute with the 21 bus approaching the subway. never too early though for a lesson on manners as this rude pickney is straight lounging sitting on one side of the bus while stretching across the other side with his legs.
apparently manners is a second language because when i said excuse me he looked & didn't understand me
(I shudder to think that he heard me & just choose not to move out of blatant disrespect..)
so I say 'pardon' & again he looks at me.
quizzically.
kind of like an idiot would look at you
(not that I am calling said youngster an idiot...)
so I step over his two legs that are stupidly stretched across the isle & sit at the back of the bus.
he looks at me like wtf??
i look at him with the look of pity & sadness as he is young
who knows not what he does nor what he does not know
.
I don't know weather he had to 'fight' to get out to school that morning
(thankfully he is going to school);
I don't know if he had a good nourishing meal before he left,
or even if he had an encouraging word before he ventured out into this world.
I said nothing else to this youngster
but I said a prayer for him
and all mankind.
be kind

No comments: