Wednesday, March 30, 2011

life in ruins

so my computer (a.k.a my lifeline and ticket outta hell) has not turned on since Sunday night. Why, I don't know- but it wont even go into safe mode. nothing. So I ask the IT guy at my job to take a look (considering this is what they do & all- and since I do actual work- work on the comp). I bring it in today to work. 4 hours later, what do I get? A computer that turns on but has NONE of the information on it. Not one picture, not one line of poetry, not one line of my resume, not any research for my book, not any chapters for my book, not one e-mail I saved from my mother to delete from the hard-drive at work, not one anything at all resembling the life I am trying to build. HELL, not even one "memory" from the life I had. None of the research for apartments I did or best places to live as a single woman. None of the anythings that I intended to finish (all the unfinished words that I gathered from my numerous books), not any of the hours I spent typing away at this damned thing called my life, not any of the different music i purchased and spent time putting in the computer.
I am not even back at square one as square one would be a starting place- and I don't know where to start.
(and of course because I am at work in my not private cubicle I can't even curl up in a ball and cry)
but i did happen to receive some great advice: time to invest in an external hard-drive to back up my work. Thanks for that. kind of like telling the victim next time say no louder.

No comments: