Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Enjoyed

Enter wellness week....

<-- yes a cupcake=wellness-->

this eveniing I had the BESTEST of times -- i hung out with Beks & she forwarded me some deals & discounts for national wellness week (hint?) and we went to one of my favorite spas in NYC (justcalmdown). I have been going to this place for a fair #of years and i looooove this spot. they have the cutest names for their treatments and deals & they are semi-pricey depending on what you get (like really $45 for a manicure!!! that is like $4.50 per finger??) Anywho I usually go especially for the massages and typically get some kind of rockstar/superhero/shiatsu thingy that leaves me feeling like a new me.
With the spa week specials it is usually 50% of the price of something so I was looking to for a quick $50 massage and call it a day.
The owner (Red) polietely called my phone when i booked (got voicemail) to be like hunny, you never get a typical service (since i always get a rockstar/superhero/shiatsu thingy) and i may not enjoy it. call me back. delete.
Arrive at the spa day of (and on time whoo hoo) and i am ready to be all budgety savvy & stress free for $50 bucks. Apparently NOT as (Red) saunters out (all hunny hi, how are ya, hows TD & the baby/ etc etc & you will not like a regular massage you need to get one of our new specials Shakespere in love) all i know 4 seconds later I was signed up for some feathery/deep tissue/ vodka pear infused thingy that was OMG gooood. yeah. $114. so much for budgety.
(side note- she got her brows done and it was NOT the $6.99 threading price I typically pay).. Anywho after that we went to some pizza place (greeeeat pizza so good i didnt get a pic) and enjoyed that cuppycake pictured above. we really enjoyed the real butter-ness of this cuppycake.

No comments: