Monday, April 27, 2009

poem of the day

Dedicated to _____& _____

This is what love is…

Yes, this is what our love is…

Red roses & candle lit nights

Definitely part of the mix

(Cause we are the romantic types)

Singing love songs in the dark

Taking long walks through Crotona Park

Sharing the deepest secrets of our hearts

This is what love is…

Yes this is what our love is…

Merely me running fingers through your hair

Your calling me anytime of day

Just to say, “Hun, I do care”

All of this equals our one love

Because

This is what love is…

Yes this is what our love is.

Grocery shopping (just me & you)

Holding hands in prayer

This is just what we do

Because

This is what love is…

Knowing when I am wrong

You will be there to make it all right

Comforted in the knowledge

You are here every single night

Kissing your shoulder blade on your right arm

Trusting your actions and words will do me no harm

I say this to all those who question me & you

Simply put, they can never know the depths of

What true love can do.

This is what love is

Yes this is what our love is.

2 comments:

beks said...

the rest of the poem:

and then i woke up.
and your breath was stinking with gook in your eyes.
you took ur boxers off and left them on the floor.
didn't wash the dishes even though i cooked.
and WTF* how could you forget to flush the toilet? What the hell crawled in your colon and died?
is this what love is?
hmm
i want out.

LOL - i know, i'ma fool

A Diva said...

HAHAHAHAHAH
you know what- that is what love is as well
HAHAHAA