Monday, April 20, 2009

Rainy day 4 me blues

Today was one of the reflective days.
It started with a wake up text from him* which is odd since #1- i stopped talking to him & #2 he has no text plan to my knowledge & #3 it was 7 am. Not a good look but i had to get up to take the car to the shop to get an oil change and all that jazz.
he text me to rise & shine on this monday mornin.
i texted him he better have a good reason for this text this early
he text he was @ work since 3:30 am thinking about me.

I made me some breakfast (cap n' crunch w/ crunchberries picked out) and went on my way. stopped for java (love love love coffee made RIGHT) and made it by 10:20 am for my 10 am appt. And there I sat & waited. Just sitting and waiting. Checked FB via phone. Checked my girls blog (startling info) & waited. Listened to my ipod & waited. The thing about waiting is it gives u plenty of reflection time for all the things I try to avoid by keeping oh so busy (and the fact that it was raining ain't help)
what does a girl think about as she is waiting for the verdict on the car?
  • noticeably there are few women in the shop (total 3 including myself) and the other 2 women had men with them- significant others. what makes them significant in my eyes is the fact that they are there sitting & waiting with said female. i am wondering where is my other (significant or not) to sit with me and wait.
  • i wonder how long i can hold my breath
  • i think about my job and all the craziness that is involved with people sending their babies to college- the financing of it all, the people who don't have any $$ but still insist on getting their kids the best education they think they can afford- even if that means borrowing loans until them+kids are nearing 60+
  • i wonder if i can lick my elbow
  • i wonder if he can lick my elbow
  • i wonder if he remembers kissing my fingertips and professing some kind of deep love for me
  • i can hold my breath for 28 seconds
  • i wonder when i will be able to stop marking time with events of the previous year since April 20, 2008 is when we had a memorial service for Mom.
  • i think about all the damn merchandising for Mother's day that is all ready all over and upon us and am like sheesh, was it always this prevelant and i just didn't know about it?
  • i think about one of the women sitting here w/ her beau and she looks terribly peeved at him or maybe their prediciment or maybe that is just her disposition on life- yet she has a man
  • i think I am cuter than she is
  • i wonder if my dad knew how to fix cars
  • i think about my father's cooking (he used to sing while he cooked)
  • i wonder if I can afford the work that is being done on the car and are they ripping me off cause I am a girl (with no man<- how it always comes down to this huh?) and thus don't know if I really need a $75 air filter for the car.
  • i text him back and ask if $75 is too much for an air filter [<--smooth avoidance of the previous text from him]
  • he text yes, most i should pay is $35
  • i think about why this shop it trying to rip me off & pray the brakes i am paying for actually work when i attempt to stop the car
  • i wonder how long i will have to wait- not wait sitting idle but actively be in pursuit of; wanting&needing&desiring of a man- I'll give it 28 seconds this time around cause these past 30+ years is a bit long
the list goes on when my mind wanders on nothing in particular and the things i settle on make me kinda sad to think about. like why do i focus on things in the past (loves lost, parents gone, singledome) that makes me kinda blue.
i need some chocolate and more coffee.
maybe a mindless movie to get my mind to just stop thinking

No comments: