Thursday, February 05, 2009

25 Random things about me...

if you know me (or have been reading this blog, or have ever met me etc) then you could probably come up with 25 or more Random Things About Me . Well i was 'tagged' on FB=facebook to list this randomness & pass it on. Now I consider myself a writer/ author/ and overall creative person, but it took me over 2 hours to come up with just 25 random things!!
*maybe i wasn't feeling that particularly creative that day or maybe I wanted to carefully craft a mega cool image of me- who knows* Now what is funny about this post that initially started on FB has exploded all over the place. *(see this NY Times article on this craze)
The amount of 'random' things that I have seen from my friends and their friends and the friends of their friends is amazing. Also, the stuff learned about them sometimes makes me think 'wow, a peek in their life' or 'wow kinda scary'.

SO you know you wanna know... here are my 25 random things... of course you will be finding out random things about me all over the place now!

1. I need new glasses because clearly my eyesight is going
2. I pray everyday- most times at least 3 times a day/night. I pray for all those I know, those I don’t know, my family, my friends & all the little boys and girls all over the world.
3. And even though I pray I have ‘issues’ with God, Our Creator, Heavenly Father, Spiritual Being…etc
4. I like/ want/ anticipate/and fear change all at the same time. I want change to happen, I am open to new experiences and the same time am fearful of too much change.
5. I love to drive & I will drive anywhere. I will attempt to drive anything and I will gladly be the designated driver on a long road trip or quick run. I want to ride a motorcycle but am fearful of the pavement.
6. I am caringly bossy/ direct/ blunt/ honest/ truthful to a fault- all at the same time.
7. I am a control freak. I need to be in control at all times- in control of my actions (of course), my work, my emotions, my words and quite possibly other people if they let me. In my attempt to be a perfect perfectionist this comes out as a humorous dominatrix.
8. I have 4 tattoos- one of which was drawn by my older brother that my brothers & I have.
9. I count the steps in my grandmothers building every time I go up & down as if they are going to change on me.
10. I always wanted a sister & am thankful that God has blessed me with some wonderful women in my lifetime I proudly call my sisters.
11. I cannot tolerate hypocrisy, or injustices or mistreatment of anyone (especially children) who cannot fight for them. Same goes for stupidity or lack of information-that is no excuse for some things that go on in this world. I will call you on it.
12. My mothers’ mother was my Nannie from Grenada. My ‘grandma’ is not really my blood-related grandmother (but she still loves me) & my granny from Bermuda bears a striking resemblance to my grandmother. I love/loved them all and they are such examples of positive wonderful women who have shaped my family and me.
13. My father was from Bermuda; no it is not in the Caribbean. Yes the sand is pink.
14. I write. A LOT. I write poetry & published a book of poems working on a 2nd book of poems and a fiction novel. Yeah, I try to be creative like.
15. I sleep on a twin bed. One day I will graduate to a big girl bed.
16. I went to a music & arts school (SASA) where I learned how to play the piano and viola & got to sing in the choir. We put on concerts every Christmas & Spring time that were amazing. During that time I had the honor of meeting Leonard Bernstein, Bill Cosby & Wynton Marsalis; do jumping jacks in a yellow sweat suit on 60 minutes and sing on a RCA recording. All before I was 12 years old.
17. I considered myself a ‘daddy’s girl’ for the short time I knew him. He went on school trips with me & used to take all the kids on the block to the park so we can all run and play safely. He used to take us out on trips on his truck. What I love most was he used to sing & dance while cooking us dinner (which I thought was silly at the time but now think is endearing). I truly never got over his passing…
18. I cry every time I think of my mother. Everything still hurts. I aspire to be a fraction of the woman she was & to make her proud. I think of all the things we will not be able to do. My only solace is she is no longer in pain.
19. I am a great friend. I know this. I am empathic and able to connect with people's feelings. I listen a lot and am a fair and reasonable judge of character.
20. I love what I do. Kind of not to thrilled about my place of employment right this moment, but that changes with the season. I may like it tomorrow, we’ll see. I do know change is coming on this front as well…
21. I LOVE COFFEE and pancakes and chocolate. The perfect meal (anytime for me) chocolate chip pancakes with a good cup of coffee. When done right it is a tiny piece of heaven every time.
22. I feel I don’t know how to properly dress, apply makeup, walk in heels or be all around girly. I think I fake it well. Don’t burst my bubble if I don’t, but hey I am willing to admit I need help! Help a sister out!
23. I love to sing and dance. I put on amazingly spectacular concerts while I am driving anywhere. If you see me rocking out in my car, singing at the top of my lungs (perfect song is Stephanie Mills Home) kindly excuse the off key notes.
24. I want to get married and have 3+ children. I want to have love that is amazing and real and just moving with a truly good man. I am ready.
25. I love to travel and want to see London, Paris, Hawaii, Africa & India before I cease to exist.

Yeah i know..kind of cool huh? Am I anything like you expected or kind of like you imagined?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh LMAO I just blogged about this!!!