Monday, March 02, 2015

eye of the beholder...

So  today, I had a day off (yay) but still ended up working (boo) but I mean what else is new? But that is not what I am here to talk about... 
I put up this pic of me and it is interesting some of the comments that I received. 
[Yes, I know by putting myself out there I open myself up to this-- but considering the folks on my list are friends and folks that I have approved to be there it is like ummmm OK- to the point since luckily I have to approve all the things on my timeline, I ended up not approving more than I let show]
Now, let's be clear- I am human. 
It is a leg/ thigh combo 
(like Popeye's without the breaded deep fried-ness and biscuit
and I am not ashamed.
But what is ashamed is the words and comments of some who feel that
  • I should not expose myself like this
  • That this (aka ME) is unattractive 
  • I should cover myself up
  • I should hit the gym
  • Why am I naked?
And a few others that I shall not write because they may or may not read this blog and I am being a bit passive-aggressive at this moment vs being aggressive-aggressive and calling them out.  
[Just for today, tomorrow I may return to my regularly scheduled bitchy program where I fuck the feelings of others and speak my mind because the truth...the truth shall set you free!]  
Now, there were some others that were basically yay & all that (yay love love love ya'll)
but I am not gonna focus on them (cause like I tend to do is focus on the negative--)
Now I was going to answer some of the questions and some of the more asinine comments 
but I am like what gives you the right, the gall and the audacity to...
but then I stop. 
Free Speech. 
And there it is. 
Well. 
Everyone is entitled to their opinion 
and thank you 
for reminding me that your opinion is just that-
yours. 
I choose not to suscribe to it, 
and you know what
 I welcome your opinion because 
I can choose to acknowledge it 
and internalise it 
and have it effect/ affect me 
or 
I can choose
 to let it roll off my back 
(and leg and thigh in this case LMAO)
Hey as one of my friends says:
love me or leave Tasha alone
well all my personalities are in agreeance with this statement
love me (all of me) or leave Tasha alone.
[but could you imagine the scandal if i put that other pic up??]
Sheesh
Good thing I do not plan to run for congress 
(tho I have a much cleaner record than any of them)
but I guess if I plan to get married to my Barack Obama 
I may have to let him know all of my secrets...
Oops...
well beauty is...


No comments: