Sunday, October 27, 2013

I happen

I happen to hate these cancer commercials.
You know the ones where there is someone who is magically (or medically) cured of cancer...because here they are- a testimony to this wonderful doctor or hospital  or treatment.
I really happen to hate these commercials...  
I mean hate with an unnatural,
seething,
vehement anger
and prolonged hatred.
(I have since determined that this is borderline not OK.)
I don't want to do harm to anyone (per se)
BUT...
I mean there is something about them THAT makes me feel like because I couldn't fly to Atlanta or get the 'right' doctors to diagnose (early) and provide the 'right' treatment then I failed my mother in the cancer process. I hear (via them commercials) of those who had advanced staged __ cancer and viola they are cured because of whomever caught it.
They were saved.
Whomever was able to work it out and give then a life beyond this cancer thing.
Give them more time with the ones they love.
Give them one more laugh, kiss, cry, etc
Yippie for them.
I just hate them commercials.

No comments: