Tuesday, February 15, 2011

coffee thought...

Commute.
(transitive verb) One definition is to give in exchange for another; to change (a penalty) to another less severe <commute a death sentence to life in prison>
OR
Another d
efinition is to travel from one point to another on a daily basis. <I commute to work>
is it the process of getting to work? I don't know, but this daily 'thing' has got me thinking about how much progress I am making towards my authentic self. Like am I better off than I was yesterday? Am I more knowledgeable?<- - why does that look like it is not spelled right, I really need to practice my spelling words... Have I progressed more towards me than before? I think these things often and then I stop cause then I get down on myself for not having achieved ultimate successes by age 25. I mean, I am a decade late for all that. A whole damn decade! I am running a race with myself that I created in my ultimate fantasies and my reality is sorely slipping behind. Kind of like the tortoise and the hare but the hare is a sleeker, accomplished version of myself (complete with books, a man, some kids, love, peace & perceived happiness) versus the tortoise who is a larger slower-moving greener version of myself (incomplete without the man, books, childless--thus lacking love, happiness and peace... what's a girl to do who has asthma?
anywho those are the random thoughts I think commuting in the train.
that's all...

No comments: