Friday, January 23, 2009

poem of the day

I am about to embark on my journey
I see a road ahead
Let’s take a walk
A path we may have been down before
a pair of hand me down shoes is all I can afford.
Is this the cost of freedom?
I can’t imagine what I will endure.
I have only heard about history,
Never being able to be a part of the story,
Not sure where I stand
Just an observer to the struggles and
An outsider within our color lines.
Liberty be it civil or not
Does exist
Truth?
But not as I walk along
This same path
Taken many years ago
With these same shoes
Walking over the same sh*t
On a different day
Poverty, suffering, exploitation, degradation, humiliation
The journey begins
I am trying to change directions
To go along a different way
is it my choice
Or my destiny?
My journey on the road ahead
Let it be peaceful
The path of least resistance
The path to a better fortune
The path to a new light
One foot in front of the other
Slowly I begin
Walk with me.

No comments: