Monday, May 12, 2014

coffee thought...

Coffee thought...

So Mother's Day came.
Thoughts of the inspiration my mom is IS something I love to do (although I still get sad it is not something that is completely unbearable). I think about her singing as she drove (which is something I know I do myself) and I think about her laughter and smile and how her eyes crinkled and twinkled when she spoke of her love- and her children - when she was not calling us crazy in a good way.
I remember some of her favorite songs- specifically she liked Whitney Houston and Celine Dion- oh my let us not forget Ms. Tina Turner. She was an icon to mommy.
Mommy was an icon to me, and someone that I am truly happy that God felt fit to have as my mom.
And you know what else? I am so thankful that others experiences mom in all of her mom-ness:
She frequently took in kids/ cooked for folks/ traveled them around places/ generally cared for everyone including the stranger on the street.
I wish and hoped that my mother would have gotten to meet the love of my life, and gotten to know and approve of my choice, and guided me as only a mother could.
I kinda wish that she would have laughed at his jokes and being the mom that he would have to impress (cause he would be such a gentleman and generally a great person) and they would laugh at me and stuff and we would have an all around great relationship.
I kinda wish..
But, I am not all together sad, because I cannot wish for the randomness that I didn't have. I did have the great times with mom, so I am very thankful for that...
yes, happy mothers day to all the mommas!

No comments: