Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Coffee thought...

Been thinking about the meaning of life- well to be more specific the meaning of my life and how that changes as often as I want to define it. One of the things that are currently in re-definition is friendship.
I have heard said before that people come into your life for reasons, for seasons, and sometimes a lifetime. I thought some folks who I have invested in (not in the monetary way at all but in the emotional way and the being there all the time supportive way) would be here NOW- considering at this juncture we are all adults. [You know I happen to like that saying we are all adults- because as much as it is supposed to be the ultimate "we should all be responsible for our actions and accountable for ourselves and the damage we do to others" in my lifetime (and in yours I am sure) adults do some pretty fucked up things--least of them are lie, cheat, steal- (imagine the wayward husband or wife here). There is also the danger to others they (them adults)continuously put the world in (getting to the political level and the leaders of the world level) such as the effects policy changes they offer/ don't offer/ cancel/ or reduce have on the millions who depend and rely on these fools- all this to say adults do the densest and damnedest things...] But I digress
So friendship and the adult-ness of it all.
I understand once folks get a job and or find a man/ gets married and or have children things change. Relationships change. Friendships change. Stuff that used to be a priority are no longer even on the list. Most times they ain't on the list either so you know where you stand (friend) a far cry from making it to the list. So what is a woman to do who had not done those said things above? Do I wait it out! Chuck it up to hey that's life- thanks for the seasonal friendship and work on finding and maintaining lifetime ones!
Eh... to be continued.

No comments: