Thursday, March 21, 2013

coffee thought...

Thursday
A day that is closer to Friday but important in its own rights...
Thursday was usually reserved for Grandmas fried chicken nights in our youth coupled with the wholesome goodness of the Cosby show. Gone are those good days of memory and in my latter years Thursdays were the start of the weekend partying (while in school) and those of us unfortunate enough to have an 8 am Friday theology class (yup over here) had the misfortune of missing that class more often than not. Luckily I know God in many forms and was able to skate by on the catholic school upbringings + my dabbling in the other worldly religions.
As the college years escaped me, enter the 'pre-adult' adulthood I was experiencing. Working full time and enjoying my own place, Thursday nights became synonymous with chicken grease- poetry, drinks, grandmas fried chicken (again) and spoken/ written word. Those days furnished experimentation with verbiage, synonyms, double entendre and the likes.
Pre-adulthood is a term I use (still) because staying up all night and still stumbling into work was the norm.
Now a days my life has adapted to me.
Slower moving but at the speed of light are the thoughts and actions in my space.
My place is still up in the air, but I like that weightlessness.
Wait less.
And besides, when is one truly ever an adult?
that's all...

No comments: