Wednesday, March 07, 2012

RIp 2/20 8:58 pm

RIp

It truly is sad. I fidnt think the funeral of someone I didn't know personally would affect me greatly but truly the death and home going service of Whitney Houston really has affected me. Watching the service on my computer ( I had to turn it off on tv since I was heading out) had me very very emotional and in tears over the words spoken and praise mentioned and songs sung at her service. First let me say there is nothing like God. Amazingly beautiful and ever present. That is definitely something that is true. Second- I believe Ms Houston death reminded me exactly about my mother - seeing as how mommy loved her music and jammed whenever she could to any of her songs. I believe there was such a connection to Whitney because her songs were part of the soundtrack of my life. And of course we were always routing for her. Wanting her to get better and be able to be everything she was capable of being. Truthfully since my mother passed I have NOT felt extremely emotional at anyone else's passing - I mean I am sad for ya but I chalk it up to the circle of life. For a bit of time I thought oh man there is something wrong with me since I cannot even properly grieve for other people of show adequate sympathy. Sad. I did thereby to learn how to get over moms death and now have lost all my sympathy mojo. Pathetic.
Well, this past week- after hearing about her untimely death and the tributes and the music and then watching the homegoing service and thinking about her mother and her daughter - it got me thinking about MY own mother and her impact on life which to me was just as impactful as Whitney's. It made me think wow is a mother supposed to bury he. Child?


Sent from my iPhone

No comments: