Tuesday, February 14, 2012

...love...

Love envelops me



like a breeze on a sunny day


here, it is needed and felt.


Love lifted me like spirits high


singing loud and dancing free


for songs unheard






Loves’ limitless loneliness


inside of me echoes loudly.


Silence thick.


Hurt palpable.


Pain capable






Love escapes me


like a prisoner on his way out


Like the air in a new born babes lungs


I gasp hoping


to capture loves pure essence


before my heart is cold.






Love you left me


Suddenly and instantly


Everything I felt


Ceased


numb to the way my heart beats


with you.






Love hears me


as rhythm escapes me.


A moody melody


Atonal affection


I stumble staccato


Tremble in treble


Bawling in bass


Dream in dissonance and


Cry in cadence






Love fills me


Loudly, passionately


A parody of what it once was


A prelude of what it could be


No comments: