Monday, November 21, 2011

coffee thought....

it is the end of the month I am trying to figure out how to keep coffee a coming & make sure my monthly indebtedness to the Student Loan deity is paid... this thought comes across my mind.
Stop Paying them... I mean what can they do?
Well, A whole heap of alot considering these loans that I will be paying back allof my natural born life cannot be discharged due to bankruptcy and will be with me as long as I have breath.
Some folk propose stop paying...
What say you?
that's all...

2 comments:

beks said...

Oh my. This is radical. I am so pissed going to a public school and seeing the rich people throw their lunch money at the tuition and chill in 2000 apartments while the poor and middle class slog around signing debt papers to get the same education. So sadly, even this multibillion $ system rest its success on the backs of the people least prepared to resist it. We poor and middle class are the very people who are slaves to credit scores - they determine if we can find a place to live, the rate of our loans payments,etc. So poor and middle class people making themselves more open to the powers that be through default?? Feels shaky to me...

That said -- I both agree with the movement and withhold my opinoin. My loans are on hold so I can't say what I would do if they weren't...

I wish people, everyone would do it, crash the system and force it to be cleaned up...because this system is rediculous...

except you Adiva, you need that good credit score...there must be an alternative??

A Diva said...

LOL definitely I need the good credit!
but think about it-- these are federally backed loans-- what will happen? people stop paying & f*ck up their own credit & the gvt goes after them however they can...meanwhile they bail themselves out by printing more $$ and raising taxes and cutting other 'services' to the poor/ middle class citizens since they have to cover what was not covered when those who stop paying stop paying and in essence you are being royally screwed 2x. talk about a clusterf*ck!