Sunday, July 11, 2010

No good deed goes unpunished.

No good deed goes unpunished.
I broke my "this-Lil- piggie-stayed-home" toe yesterday & for the life of me I don't know how it happened. It hurts to bend it and I can't put on even my flip flops (which means tomorrow is a shape up sneaker day).
Why do I attribute that to a good deed being punished? Well yesterday (as well as Thursday night) I trekked to BK to assist a friend (we'll call her a Jem) in her final final move from her house that she shared for 6 years with a dude who she thought she was getting married to. He felt she has too many issues (don't we all?) for him to handle an be with her so he decided to bounce. Now she being the lady she is didn't go all Angela Bassett in waiting to exhale or anything (even after finding out infidelity & things he was saying about their arrangement) no, she just took time, found a place and left. Classy kid- cause i don't think i could exit that gracefully; no i would be as graceful as a pachyderm in a fine china shop-- oh here is where i come in- I helped get her out by moving (also know as heavy lifting) and drove cars back and forth. Apparently I am a friend who shows up(according to her) and it meant a lot to her. *aw tear* but in the midst of lifting and working up a sweat in 100 degree weather (mental note only move in fall/ winter cooler months) I broke not sprained my flipping toe!
Sigh, can't win for loosing. As Beks cuz says we adults- next time get movers!
Well here's to a new start!


sent from iPhone

1 comment:

Jules said...

Karma will reward you. Perhaps you broke your toe so that when you go to get it checked out by a doctor he happens to be the "ONE" lol you never know but things happen for a reason ;)