Thursday, July 01, 2010

the art of the wink

So I think I am an ass

Not in the way that I did any asinine thing per se but in the fact i crack myself up for no apparent reason on a daily basis.

and laugh out-loud.

Which causes people to look at me and stare like what is so funny, what is she laughing about? Pure joy.

And it is simple.

Today's laughter came from walking down the block in a simple black skirt & white crochet sweater combination. I look good (confidence has been visiting me alot lately so she may stay awhile). I get to the bus stop & say a couple of good mornings cause it is a great day to be alive( at least better than the alternative) and I continue on. Get to the train, life works out and the train I need is there. Cool... I hop on and position myself near the door (as opposed to the pole cause i am not that kinda chick ;) click on the ipod and look up to glance at the time...before i can see the time my eye catches this average Joe dude looking at me (ok he may not have been looking at me but he was looking in my direction and since nothing is over here 'cept me and aforementioned pole i will assume he is looking at me and not the pole...)

Ummm why is this dude blinking funny
At me
Oh wait, there he goes again
You think that is just the way his face is? [Don't stare, it is rude to stare!]
There he goes again!
Oh shoot he is not blinking he is attempting to wink at me
Wow. Trying not to laugh that is your wink dude. So not impressed and ya may wanna practice that.

Commence laughter.

But then it got me to thinking can I wink? Is winking a talent that one is born with or can it be practiced, attained & mastered? Is there an art to the wink? Maybe I look like I am blinking/sneezing/convulsing out of one side of my face too...

Let me not try it here on the train in front of dude lest it gives him ideas and save this piece of joy for my own bathroom mirror...or the next cute man I see (well maybe i should put the practice in first...)

No comments: