Friday, July 31, 2009

phone call

Someone just asked me "what would i like to hear the next time my phone rang?"
I initially thought of my ring tone (currently I know you want me (calle ocho)-pitbull) and figure that IS what I hear when my phone rings.
DUH sometimes I have a special moment...
whose voice would you like to hear? what would you like them to say?
(OHHHHH...makes more sense now...)
I thought this would be very very easy, thinking I want to hear the NY Lotto guy call to tell me "hey, you just won an obscene amount of money so quit your job and get to traveling..."
Problem is if he DID call I totally would not believe him. (Yes I would ask am I being punked)
So then who else/what else would I like to hear?

Honestly, honesty is what I want to hear.

  • I want to hear someone calling me to say you did a good job today, and I appreciate the time you took to process my aid/ counsel me about programs and listened to my many varied problems without disgorgement and judgement.
  • On the other end of the phone I want to hear someone say stop worrying so much, it will all work out. The choices you have made thus far are for a greater good and better purpose than for you to see at this very moment, so hold on and keep the path you are traveling you are almost there.
  • I want to hear someone calling to say they love me in that special way...
  • I want someone calling to tell me I just want to hear your voice, I just want to make you smile and want you to have a good day & better night.
That may be a lot to ask for just the next phone call..
here's to hoping...

No comments: