Wednesday, October 22, 2008

poem of the day...

moon- 11:13--11:19

awakened while sleeping or am i dreaming?
i have been having these visions of things
that wake me up in the night...
nothing bad,

but usually about 3:20 am my mind says 'time'
and thru my closed lids, the moon speaks a soft hello.
now normally this would not bother me
except that time Denzel was about to marry me.
or there was that other time when he told me he loved me

& wanted to stop the wedding
oh & then there was that time

i was driving my own jeep truck
& then there was the time

that i was watching Nocturnal _ _ _ _
woah, whew
thank god for the moon
i guess i'll close my eyes again,

dont worry i'll be awake soon.

chicken grease

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am anti small 'i' in Poetry! And change your lazy language (but what do I know) 'thru' this would be such a good read, you.