Thursday, September 11, 2008

9/11

I am watching and I remember
I remember the pain
The planes
The smoke
The fear
The uncertainty
The flames

I remember the sounds
The sirens
The struggle to make it out
The prejudice
The people
The people

Running
The towers falling
Scattered lives
One by one
People jumping
The ashes

I remember the feelings of how
Why
Who?
Who could do this to us?
To US
USA

The heroism
The fight
The bravery
The tears
The remembrances
The prayers
The hope for us all
For US All

Now
America
Changes…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you for that. i was avoiding having any connection to that day and you snuck in there and got me!

CT Jermin said...

I haven't written about this event partially because it didn't really hit me until months later. Kind of a delayed shock. Even as we stood there watching the buildings fall, I was detached. My son's death months earlier had pretty much killed the shock, awe, grief capacity that I had, so I watched it like one watches a car wreck, with a detached morbid fascination. I knew it was important, I knew it was historic, but I couldn't care. But since I knew I would later, I went out and bought the DVD... Literally