Friday, January 23, 2015

I hate...poem of the evening

I hate
How I give you pieces of me
And watch you fumble
to hold them all
Unsure of where to put them
Unaware of where I belong 

Because
I am heavy
And
Messy
And
A lot
And
Too much
And
Imperfect
And
Complicated
And
Scared

And so I give you
Pieces of me
And watch you as you
Attempt to
See me
And understand me
And are possibly ashamed
To touch
But you never touch
And feel
And I am left in pieces
Right here

So after I give you pieces of me
And I see you
Struggle
To
Just
Have
A
Piece
Of
Me

I
I want them back
I want me back
I try to take them back
I want me back
I want to
To lessen the burden
Of me 

And I
Hope
Truly hope
you won't fail
Me
And I
hope I don't fall
Cause look at me... 
Trying to put all my pieces
Back into their
convenient hiding places

Because
Exposed
I am vulnerable
Exposed
I am liable
Exposed
I am hurt
Exposed
I am not what you want
Exposed
I am not what you can handle

But a part
In part
I love those pieces of me

No comments: