Thursday, August 14, 2014

Heartbroken...

I have been struggling to write for the past couple of evenings for a myriad of reasons- all of them outside forces threatening my inner peace (and granted no one can disrupt your peace unless you allow them) but the senseless killing of Michael Brown- an unarmed teen in Ferguson, Mo. is very upsetting and the actions by the authorities are deplorable. Another young black male whose life was deemed 'not valid enough' by some officer of the law. Another young black man whose potential and life will never be realized. Another young black man whose parents have to bury him and then seek answers & justice (Ha!) in a system that is designed for us never to prevail. Never to have a piece of peace. Why? I mean there is never an answer to this question or any of the other questions that I have so why bother....
Sigh
But I still pray. 
(Picture is of current protests in Times Sq, NY) 

No comments: