Saturday, December 22, 2012

Oh for the love of courage....

One of my favorite scenes from The Wizard of OZ... is when they are about to be granted audience withthe wizard and they "feel" they are about to get their wishes granted (you know a brain, a heart, soem courage and a home) well, the cowardly lion says he can almost feel his courage and starts singing this song about if he had courage, he would be the King of the forest...and the song is hilarious....



The Lion sings...
If I were King of the Forest, Not queen, not duke, not prince.
My regal robes of the forest, would be satin, not cotton, not chintz.
I'd command each thing, be it fish or fowl.
With a woof and a woof and a royal growl - woof.
As I'd click my heel, all the trees would kneel.
And the mountains bow and the bulls kowtow.
And the sparrow would take wing - If I - If I - were King!
Each rabbit would show respect to me. The chipmunks genuflect to me.
Though my tail would lash, I would show compash
For every underling!
If I - If I - were King!
Just King!
Monarch of all I survey -- Mo--na-a-a--a-arch of all I survey!


Your majesty if you were king you wouldn’t be afraid of anything?
Not nobody, not no how
Not even a rhinehocerous, imposerous
How about a hippopotamus? Why I’d trash him from top to bottomus
Supposen you met an elephant? I’d wrap him up in celophant
What if it was a brontosaurus, I’d show him whose king of the forest

How? HOW? Courage
What makes a King out of a slave? Courage.What makes the flag on the mast to wave? Courage. What makes the elephant charge his tusk in the misty mist or the dusky dusk? What makes the muskrat guard his musk? Courage. What makes the Sphinx the 7th Wonder? Courage. What makes the dawn come up like THUNDER?! Courage. What makes the Hottentot so hot? What puts the "ape" in ape-ricot? Whatta they got that I ain't got?
Dorothy & Friends:  Courage!
Cowardly Lion: You can say that again.


absolutely cracks me up...

No comments: