Thursday, September 22, 2011

just what the dr. ordered?

Mid day convo w/ T

T: How was therapy?


me: oh you know...talked about communication and how i am able to help

T: Yay So was that...helpful?

me: well i mean i think i am communicative enough but apparently not as in i need to raise my voice and get mad and get loud eh i am trying not to be the angry black chick and the therapist wants me to be that

T: Yea that doesn't seem productive

me: i don't know - maybe she wants me to react more and not be so wound up i am still trying to process it i am sure it ain't nothing a good orgasm cant fix

T: Lmao

no? I don't know. I know i am trying doing the best that i think i know how to do in asking for what I need/ want/ desire/ covet from my friends, Romans, countrymen, black men and the universe in general--- but something about the message is not getting received.
I learned way back when about the different teaching styles there are that teachers/ educators can use to get their message and lessons across which is in relation to the different learning styles we possess to receive various forms of information.
For example say you are someone that really 'get's it' when you S E E it in front of your face vs hearing all about it ethereally--- something about the tangibleness of the lesson sticks with you.
Well, what if I (in my many learned ways) can only wax poetic about the lessons in life love and literally cant give you any tangibleness? Do you get it? Do you get me?? Am I lost in translation somewhere- floating along thinking I am touching lives and shyt when really I am just breezing thru.
I am doing all i can to get my message (OK read: put myself out there) but it seems I am screaming in a room of hearing impared folks or doing cartwheels for the visually impared.
Hell, at this rate I accept I am the impared one-- and I need to learn a new language.

No comments: