Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day & the Mets...

not a likely combination (i mean you can definitely see wine & cheese or chocolate & all of the above) but the Mets & mother's day?
this is what equals (to me) a big "take your mind off it" while hanging out with bro#2.
he is a HUGE METS fan (nevermind the Mets stand for My Entire Team Sucks HAHAHAH) & since they and the Yanks have new digs this 2009 year and he got tickets... we went to the game. Took the subway & saw the field. It was cozy & chilly since we were by the water out there in Queens but all in all a good game. (they won)
Pics...







and then later in the evening...

i had time to think about all things that equal this day. Last year, my cousin got married and this 1st Mom's day sans mom was all a blur--surreal on an island waking up to someplace unfamiliar..family people were around me but we weren't all together... it is strange that this year everything is so finite. concrete. No one to buy a card for. No one to.. depressing for sure. I still think about all the things we should have time to do... when does that end? when do i cut it out and keep it moving? when do i move on but not forget but appreciate what I have?
yeah somehow I feel like I have 2 strikes against me (dad & mom gone) and am sooo fighting a loosing battle.
breathe...

No comments: