Wednesday, December 10, 2008

as I wait for the water to drain

i am sitting on my floor in my apartment WAITING for the plumber as another flood has happened in my kitchen.
oh didn't i mention?
couple of months ago, came home to the lovely sounds of water overflowing from my sink overflowed into my closet (which is located in the kitchen). yeah several buckets of water later & 3 ruined pairs of boots later (you know i am regretting NOT getting them boot boxes from The Container Store -- next time I will listen to my inner Diva) the plumber came and changed some pipe & viola ok-ness for about 2 months.
WELL fast forward.. and lo and behold it is happening again.
WHY??? WTF?
I am NOT throwing food down the drain in my house or large chunks of anything- Hell the last meal I cooked was Thanksgiving dinner... yeah the woman upstairs has a washing machine (illegal) and no strainer on her sink (meaning every article of food coming from her sink goes down there and clogs up the freakin thing which backs up my sink.)
Yes this is what it is like living in an old apartment building in NYC.
more details soon as I now have to let plumber dude in...

No comments: