Monday, July 21, 2008

the things we do for a rebate...

So I am waiting for this rebate thing to come in the mail from AT&T wireless (evil cell company) as I purchased a blackjack Samsung II phone (red variety) and was supposed to get $100.00 back to me (thus making the $200 price tag only $100) and within reason for any cell phone purchase.
Now, when I sent the info in on 4/19 (in the midst of all the other drama) they “didn’t get” the barcode or IME #. Good thing I keep copies of everything, and re-submitted the darn thing only to be received by them on their site 5/30/08. So I call 6/30/08 thinking it does not take a full month to validate the thing (seeing as how they had the receipt and the bar code and yes they both match) well spoke to a Virginia that day, to find out that oh yeah, I should have something in 2 weeks tops (this would put us at 7/14) well I call again today, and guess what? The genius Erik on the other line says it will take another 6-8 weeks to process. WTF are they processing? I mean clearly everything matches up and I am paying a whopping $100 per month on a flipping phone bill that I barely use any of the hidden talents of my very cute and sexy phone but I am tying to figure out how the hell the idiots got loose and are running the rebate center of AT&T. Oh yes, I did ask to speak to a supervisor (Bobbi) who politely tried to explain that even though I can build a capital one card in 30seconds or less (according to the commercial) they cant possibly do this any faster—“due to processing time”. One would think this card is made of gold leaf. All I ask for is a simple $100 as I am about to live on ramen noodles since the co-pays to the doctor for these muscle spasms and stress have me on edge (and in the doctors office 4 times already).
Well the good thing is that soon I will be dead. No more co pays for that.

No comments: