Wednesday, July 02, 2008

the craziness that is my job...

ok is it a full moon?*i am at the counter*
this dude just came up to me, dressed in a polo tee shirt with pony on the shoulder & jeans. while he dont look crazy...

him:hello
me: hello
him: i have a question.
me: ok
him:before 9/11 i lost my memory, but i know i was attending a college in NY. can i get financial aid?
me: Ummm,are you a current student here? because only currently enrolled students get financial aid.
him: Well, i dont know, see i cant remember.
me: Ok (drinking my coffee in large gulps now) do you have a NYU Id?
him: could be. I dont remember.
Me: OK what is your name (tho i suspect it is I.M. crazy....)
Him: you dont need to know that. just tell me if i can get financial aid.
me: well. if you are not current enrolled in classes and if you are not enrolling in fall 08/spring 09 classes then no, you cant get financial aid.
him: it's because of 9/11 right? It's because of the economy, right?
me: (dumb a$$ look on my face) not sure what to tell you
him: (looking around nervously AND lowering his voice) can I tell you something?
me: (preparing for whatever...) ok.???
him: i did it!
me: O K.
him: looks at me cross sided, you are not very helpful.
me: O K. Have a nice day
Him: smiles, BOWS and walks away.
WTF?WTF? yes this is where i work....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The look on your face after he walked away was priceless.... Yes, Thank God for Coffee. Sometimes it's the ONLY thing that makes sense in the world...