Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Trying to Understand...

So I was having a conversation with 2 coworkers today and apparently my face and demeanor and body language said some things that were not understood- or maybe understood but ignored.
Basically, one was comparing the mundane activities of the job to showing up everyday and shoveling sh*t from behind an elephant. there is no thought to it, just do it. you ca vary your way (over the left shoulder or over the right) or you can vary techniques (like using right versus left hands) but basically there is no thought to it and you are not an integral part of the overall operation- just shovel the sh*t and keep it moving.
Now, while I appreciate some sh*t sometimes, and try not to actively get myself into sh*t at times, trust and believe that my presence on this GOD's good green earth is not here to shovel sh*t [however fabulously I will do it]
so I had questions- such as, "Oh, so you believe your job is shoveling dung?"
Answer: "Yes, but here's why...insert feigned attempt at humor and complementary accolades at times"
me: So you a sh*t shoveler?"
Answer: no, but yes
me: Oh, so you full of sh*t- as in you a connoisseur of ...
Answer: Really...?
me: I mean, I am just trying to understand..
[after a few minutes of me not being amused this ended as I was beginning to get thoroughly amused to be honest]
and then I get this text message:

So I mean, yes I am just trying to save my good good words for those that I need to use them on, and give the shitty words to those that need to be spoken to on that level.
yet they say im hard on folks?
really?
that's all...

No comments: