Monday, September 07, 2015

Just stop

Basically I have to tell myself that over and over again because I know me.
I want what I want and I think I am capable of attaining it myself but
then when it don't go my way I am still stuck trying to force a round
peg in a square hole.
And that don't work.
It don't fit.
It doesn't fit properly and it is utterly stupid. And aggravating.
This is one of the many lessons I learned this labor day . I get up,
go about my business of getting some much needed things for the home.
I get wonderful coffee.
I am enjoying this beautiful day. I embark on home improvement
because why not ever stop improving because it is not exactly where I
want it to be.
I am desperately trying to put up these curtains and it ain't
working- Not in the living room- Not in the bedroom -Not in the any
room.
Now backstory: The windows have the metal brackets up for the standard
white for curtains. This is something that should be able to just be
placed and set. Like set it and forget it. And I figure since the
living room other curtains that i struggled to put up came down via an
accident at the housewarming and have yet to get back up there these
should be an ok temporary fix. The damn brackets in the living room
don't want to hold these curtains down (I tried several times) then
the bedroom would be able to being that it's purple and all. And so I
get up on the ladder and I place the curtains and I place the curtains
and I placed them again. 10 minutes and much aggravation later they
are up. I step down. I step back. I admire my work. They promptly fall
to the ground. I bust out laughing because the fact of the matter is
that them curtains ain't staying up there they are not for that rod
(which they are but I digress) and they are not going to work for you.
Not now. Not ever.
No matter how hard you want it and seem to even have the tools for it
in place and how you even have the style and accommodations ready. It
ain't gonna happen. Let it go. Just stop trying to force some damn
curtains up when it is not meant to be.
Just leave it alone. Open. For the world to see in and witness the
mess of your home life.
That's all...
Hey, that's what I got out of it...
Do just stop.

No comments: