Saturday, February 07, 2015

Family business

February albeit a short month consists of a lot of things happening. First off, grandma turned 90, and is as crazy as ever. As per usual I called and sang to her cause I mean she calls me and sings every year and why not return the favor. (And who doesn't love my singing?) anywho, the "family" took her out for a "family" dinner minus a particular section of "family"- basically no invite to the party. Now, am I hurt- yes. Will I get over it? As per usual, yes- cause see this just solidifies who & what "family" is and means to some people. [Of course they wanna be "family" when they want $$ from me or when I was taking care of their responsibilities as they were creating their own "families"]. Now, I know bro #2 is who he is and that truly he rubbed everyone the wrong way with the way he left the apartment and was (and still is) putting his life on FB.. But what the hell I did?
After some thought, I can only come to the conclusion- hey it wasn't me and leave it at that- does that stop me from showing up (to Grandmas & getting my hugs? Absolutely not, cause I need a hug every now and again) but my interactions with the other "family" members will be in direct reaction to their actions.
that's all...

No comments: