Sunday, September 21, 2014

songs from back in the day...

You know them artists from the 70's & 80's had it right
with some of the lyrics to the songs they sang.
Funny as you get older and have more (or less) life experiences
you tend to identify with somethings that folks sang about with all their heart.
Future heartbreak notwithstanding, 
I remember listening to this song
(way back in the day- but definitely not when it just came out)
 and hearing what she said-
but having not tried to love someone who wasn't having it (yet)
 I was not fully able to identify with it.  S
ometimes, I wished a song was written about me
(definitely not a sad depressing song--
but maybe a love song or something similar to that in this world).

Anywho, I give you Angela Bofill- I Try...
 
I try to do the best I can for you
But it seems it's not enough
And you know I care even when you're not there
But it's not what you want

You close your door when I wanna give you more
And I feel, I feel so out of place
And you know it's true
Don't you think I'm good enough for you

And can't you see that you're hurting me
And I want, I want this pain to stop
So if you really care, I mean if you really, really care
Well then open up your heart to me, open up to me

You know that I tried to be with you
And you know that I wanted to see it through
And you know that I needed to make you mine
Well it was just a, a matter of time

And you know that I tried to be with you
And you know that I wanted to make it through
You know that I needed to make you mine
And it was only a matter of time

And you know that I tried to be with you
And you know that I wanted to see it through
You know that I needed to make you mine
And it was only a matter of time

Oh, you know that I tried to be with you
Oh, you know that I needed to make you mine
 

No comments: