Friday, December 09, 2011

Free lunch today!

looks good! I should be
a still food photographer...

Today, I got a free lunch from Pret A Manger that just opened up on 1 Astor place here in NYC.
  • Reviews:  The crowds of folks cheering you on as you stand on a line that moved swiftly was enthusiastic (pause)  fervently animated, keen and excited to say the least. They gave you high-fives as you were whisked in and handed a bag and high-fived on the way out.
  • Very forced festive.
  • Food:  It looks good. The 1/2 sandwich was a chicken/ avocado/ bacon something on this multi grain bread. Fail. Save for the multi grain bread <<--Allergic tendencies-->> it was a success--- but I picked the parts I could eat off the 1/2 sandwich. That tasted good. The organic sea salt popcorn was OMG good. Who knew organic popcorn would be a hit! That brownie I gave away <<more allergic issues>> and the soup lid & coffee sleeve there entitles me to a free coffee and a free soup whenever I turn them in. Great promotional scheme to guarantee return visits cause who doesn't like free stuff??
All in all part of the NYC experience and it was a good snack- I supposed if I had a whole edible sandwich it would have been amazing.

now..back to our regularly scheduled progra

No comments: