Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day Dad!

sharing a pic of my mom and dad dancing circa 70's....
 and a poem I wrote for him from my first book...



What to do when I am missing you?



I am in search of something

that can bring me closer

To you

i am in need of an identity

that can make me

ME

i try to classify myself as

part of something

that I know I never really knew

and all I really ever want

is to be closer to you.



I am trying to hold back tears

that have plagued me for the past 21 years

trying to believe

“this too shall pass”,

and even with my current accomplishments

i still feel sad

because in truth

i am still missing you

My Dad.



and I just want to know

so many things…

like, have i made you proud?

do you ever cry?

do you sing with angels

in the night sky?

i sometimes hear your voice

in my thoughts

your presence

in my words

and I can almost remember

you being

YOU.

so, i just want to be sure

that you are all right

and I just want to know

what to do

when I am missing you?

No comments: