Sunday, August 30, 2009

Dinner with the brothers

30-Aug-09 2:23 AM

last week i thought i should cook dinner for the boys.
(boys being the brothers)

why?
truthfully i wanted to do something nice for them that was without agenda.
while i think i am 'good' & stuff <(--as in try to be moral, etc etc) not everything i do turns out right.

also both mentioned that they haven't had a good jerk pork for a while and i figured i could make it work... after all I worked in a Jamaican Bakery for a # of years and know how to cook more than a few dishes well.
It is in my blood (literally since my moms dad aka grandpa I never met was from JA).
So at the end of the day I decided to make some jerk pork with some veggie medley and sweet corn on the side and some yellow rice and beans. Yup, we were gonna have a good old island family dinner.
I asked bro #2 to bake a cake and while he is no chef duff he certainly had an asymmetrical chocolate cake going...
and it didn't kill us.

food family and fun.
the way it is supposed to be.

sunday, chef cooked us breakfast (french toast) and I made scrambled eggs (which is a major first cause my eggs dont scramble, they kind of omlete like in the pan) but it was trippy to have us chillin in my house watching the muppet show DVD and reminiscing.

Thanks Mom
(Dad, Nannie, Lisa, Uncle Fred & all the rest of family passed on)
for bringing us together.


No comments: