Wednesday, January 16, 2008

This is an introduction....

Currently listening to: Cleva-Erykah Badu Mama’s Gun.
Time: 10:23 pm.
Mood- pensive…

So I was thinking, maybe I should introduce myself to the World on this Wide Web.
Here are the basics; I chose the name Adiva for a few meanings
:

  • Adiva –(origin: Hebrew) means polite and considerate
    (Origin: African) means gentle agreeable
    (Origin: Arabic) means pleasant, gentle
  • Birth date: May 23rd.
  • Sign: Gemini (zodiac element Air) ruled by the planet mercury/ Quality – mutability/ Numbers- 3 / Day: Wednesday
    The 3rd House is the house that the Gemini rules. The 3rd House represents Communications, siblings, neighbors and neighborhood matters, local travel and transport, education, everyday matters. Brothers. It represents everything about a Gemini's, like birthdays, numbers, etc. house have the personality traits as a natural Gemini—basically I am an all around good person.
  • Gender- female / Sex- None (counting the days…)
  • Location: Bronx, NY… (Where anything goes)
  • Ethnicity: here is where it gets tricky. You tell me… Mother, born in Manhattan to a Jamaican father, Grenadian mother. Father, born in Bermuda to a Bermudan mother and father who have roots from Venezuela and Cherokee Indian. What does that make me? And island mix with the city tricks that make me sweeter than the sweetest wine and deadlier than the poison asp… watch and learn…

All this to say- I am not your average chick.

I am not your average single sista living in the city, waiting for Prince Charming to ride up on a white horse to steal my heart and make me the love of his life, and live happily ever after. Sorry, that fairy tale dream ended years ago when life entered my South Bronx reality and I am HERE living and surviving and just making it all work.

Now this is not to say that I am not looking for and openly welcoming and waiting, hoping for LOVE… I am. I am ready and willing. I am also content in the knowledge that I am whole as I am, no one can complete me. Shoot, be complete with yourself, otherwise there will be a bunch of incomplete people walking around this world, and that just makes them half assed.


What will you learn? Hopefully a lot by just visiting with me. Hopefully humor and just a dose of, damn it aint just me out there in the world going thru this…
Hopefully….
Just wait and see… because I am clever.


No comments: